Saturday, November 7, 2009

I Passed! I Passed!

OK, um, maybe not "passed", per say. But I did take a quiz and I pretty much got what I think I deserved. And, by quiz, I mean this gem from HomeGoods (ahh, my splurge store-because I trick myself into buying more because of the good deals) and Deborah Neddleman founding editor-in-chief of the late (great) magazine, Domino.

But, here were my results on what type of decorator I am:


Emily, you are an EARTHY CASUAL

You're interested in creating a welcoming home where people feel comfortable and happiness flourishes. You appreciate the warmth and individuality of natural materials and handcrafted things and are inspired by colors and forms from nature. You love mixing up different textures and are sensitive to the tactile qualities of objects. Your style is grounded and solid, not flighty or frilly. And you are never taken in by the trend of the moment.
You value creativity. You are stylish and fun loving, and can be an inspiration to others. You have a natural sense of drama, and you know you have to be willing to take risks—whether with colors, finishes, furniture choices, or ideas—for your home to stand out. Your home can be happy and lively and the place all of your friends want to be.

As I read it, I wasn't saying "duh" as much as I was saying "thank you! Finally someone gets it!"


Oh, and here's the color pallet suggested for my home.



I'm hoping the dark color in the upper left is a chocolate brown, rather than a black because, OK here it is, I'm afraid to work with black. Like, petrified of black furniture looking too cold and dark and intimidating. And, funnily enough, some of my favorite pieces in other home blogs I've seen are black! But, no, I can't commit. Maybe black furniture is like that guy who you think is out of your league in high school, and you work yourself up so much about him you never even attempt to talk to him. Then, one day, you find out he's a nice guy. A swell guy. A guy you can be friends with. And somehow the fear of talking to him goes away instantly. (Don't really know where that analogy came from, but it makes sense to me.)

Once again, here's the LINK.


No comments: