Monday, September 20, 2010

Beautiful Front Porch

While waiting for paint to dry, the urge to paint (and inhale paint fumes, apparently) was hard to suppress. I saved this nightstand from my in-laws' curb about a year ago. Finally, I decided to use it outside. But, first, I had to paint it.

I needed to fix the back that was falling off. I have to say, that box of 400 Finishing Nails I bought just keep coming in handy!


After a light sanding, I began with the four coats of white matte spray paint.


When it was finished, I was so excited to put it on my porch with my adorable Christmas Tree Shop lantern on top.


I ended up loving the lantern so much, I bought bigger ones to hang from the planters' hooks--since my thumb is officially black and I've concluded I cannot care for a plant...at all.


No comments: