After setting the pictures, my tray still wasn't dry yet. So, I killed even more time by putting fabric over my boring light switches.
I had some leftover fabric from a shirt I made, which happened to go with my circle motif. I cut the fabric around the outline of the light switch, leaving some excess to fold over.
I mixed some Mod Podge and water and coated both sides of the fabric before laying it on the switch.
I went over the front with a scraper to get rid of any air bubbles.
Than I did the same with the back, adding a little more glue.
I cut squares out of the corners so there wouldn't be a lot of excess, then clamped the sides so they would dry easily to the back.
When the Mod Podge was somewhat dry, I used an Xacto Knife to cut Xs into the holes for the screws and the switch, then folded them in, added more Mod Podge, scraped them down, and used a bottle of glue to hold the pieces down flat.
Before putting the plates on, I painted the switches themselves a dark shade of blue with some acrylic paint to coordinate.
While I was waiting for everything to dry, I had a glass of wine. (This is a very important step!)
Finally, I put the switch plates back on and stood back to marvel at my work.