Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Weeknight Craft

OK, I have a HUGE crafting post coming up, but the project I did was for my cousin's wife's baby shower this coming weekend, so I have to hold off on posting it on the off chance my cousin or his wife reads it and finds out early what it is. (Oh, it's so good, though! So good!)

But, until I post that, I had to get my craft on tonight.

After looking at all my craft blogs for a few days, I've noticed a trend of decorating for autumn. Well, being that it's officially the first day, I went to the dollar store and spent a heaping $4 to give my home some fall flair.

With the help of a glue gun (only one burn to report), I decorated a wine glass and two candle holders with some festive foliage. (Can you tell I have a thing for alliteration?)



And the finished glass and candle holders look like this!



And, yes, we now have TWO kitties to worry about burning themselves, so I spent another $2 and bought battery operated candles.

I know, I know...it's a little minimalistic, but I'm still in that hesitant novice crafter mindset of "I'll add more, I swear, but for now, I need to take a step back and appreciate what I have."

Conversation with the husband, following crafting:

"What do you think?"

"Um, they're leafy."

"Well, yeah, that's the point. Do you like them?"

"They're leafy."

I have yet to figure out what that means, but in the meantime, here's a picture of our new little kitten, Buster (crawling on my husband's butt, haha).




Our first cat, Beth, is not responding well to being a big sister. She is currently annoyed at her humans, as well as the little terror they brought into the house. But, as a way of making amends, I am including her picture in this post, as well.



No comments: